Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

While I was having a wonderful time at Education Week at BYU towards the end of August, my amazing husband took the girls to Timpanogos caves for the second time. I have actually never been there myself, Garrett just takes the girls when I have something I am doing in Utah County. Anyway, I have heard a lot about it, the stalactites and stalagmites, and the popcorn ("It's not real, mom, it's just pretend") and the heart. The girls are still talking about it. I admire Garrett so much for being a great dad. I never feel like he is babysitting. He is so busy working full time and going to school full time, but he is still the dad that the girls love to be with.

Education week was such a great time. I had so much fun and learned so much. Some of my favorite classes were: development of the brain (basically birth through middle-childhood), a food storage class where I got a lot of ideas for what and how to cook in an emergency, another class was about raising righteous children, I learned a lot that I hadn't thought about before. I like ed week because there is so much information and then you can take what you like and use it, but you don't have to follow every word of advise you hear. One of my favorite things about it was going to classes and having lunch with my sister-in-law, Dana. She is such an amazing woman. I always feel better after talking with her. She is smart in so many ways. The girls got to stay over at Grammie "oh well"s house (my mom's name is Noel) They love all thier grandparents so much. Sometimes I really wish we lived closer to them all.

No comments: