I know bowling isn't a typical way to celebrate Pioneer Day. We were just so glad that both Garrett and I had the whole day off, so we could be together with the family. It was a great day. I'm sure pioneers would have loved to bowl if they could. I wish I knew who one of the first bowlers was, that could fit in here too. Bowling reminds me of high school and no matter how many times I went bowling, I couldn't get above an 80, I was always the lowest scorer, I went with some guys that had weighted balls and gloves and used the finger warmers and everything, so they obviously annihilated me, but even my friend who broke her finger and had to bowl left handed crushed me too. Now I just sit back and watch my kids, or help them push it down the ramp. It's so funny how they each have a different approach to it. Gracie gets creative and tries as many different ways as she can think of, Kestlie thinks about it and carefully sets up her approach, Sophie just wants to make sure everyone is watching her. We have gone a couple times this summer, whenever Garrett and I can both go, the kids have free passes for the summer. Garrett has shown them that if they lean whichever way they want the ball to go, it helps, so I love watching them bowl.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Happy Pioneer Day
I know bowling isn't a typical way to celebrate Pioneer Day. We were just so glad that both Garrett and I had the whole day off, so we could be together with the family. It was a great day. I'm sure pioneers would have loved to bowl if they could. I wish I knew who one of the first bowlers was, that could fit in here too. Bowling reminds me of high school and no matter how many times I went bowling, I couldn't get above an 80, I was always the lowest scorer, I went with some guys that had weighted balls and gloves and used the finger warmers and everything, so they obviously annihilated me, but even my friend who broke her finger and had to bowl left handed crushed me too. Now I just sit back and watch my kids, or help them push it down the ramp. It's so funny how they each have a different approach to it. Gracie gets creative and tries as many different ways as she can think of, Kestlie thinks about it and carefully sets up her approach, Sophie just wants to make sure everyone is watching her. We have gone a couple times this summer, whenever Garrett and I can both go, the kids have free passes for the summer. Garrett has shown them that if they lean whichever way they want the ball to go, it helps, so I love watching them bowl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I came across you blog, its so darling! You guys look like your keeping busy and have way too much fun!
Hi Amy, thanks for posting a comment, I'm so glad you did. Your blog is so cute. I love it. I tried to post in yours about the Twilight books, but I can't see the word to retype. I have wanted to read those books, but I like to wait until all the books in a series are out before I read them or I go crazy wondering what is about to happen. So is the last one coming out? Are the characters in the book mormon? I would love to hear a review.
It was so much fun to come to your house and play. Thanks for letting us crash. I'm glad you're blogging. I like being up to date on your life. You're just the best, Christa. I love you tons and am so glad to be friends with you. Your girls are adorable and Zina had SO much fun with them. (And the pizza was yummy.)
blast to the past. those were good times at the alley. just to brag I still bowl with both hands. My right one gets really sore and tired after a few frames so I switch between the two. You might not be the best bowler, but I have no rhythm or ability to dance!!!!!
Post a Comment