Friday, June 3, 2011

The girls bday 2011

This was a low key birthday for Gracie and Kestlie. Gracie turned 10 and Kes 8 (more on her baptism to follow) The weather was rainy and cold but the girls came up with some fun ideas. Their cousins came from Washington Terrace to celebrate. They had an art contest (curses for not getting pictures of that) and decorated cupcakes...
They chose green cupcakes with pink frosting...

Then we ate spaghetti and they watched the movie Tangled (it is definitely a family favorite, I'm still not even sick of it)

I love my girls so much. Gracie just finished 4th grade. She is bright and kind and imaginative. Anyone who has been to primary with Gracie can tell you she is quite the singer. Loud and lovely, she loves to sing, especially songs about Heavenly Father and Jesus. She is a little clueless sometimes, she seems to live in a different world than most of us. Now, if she can remember to look both ways when she crosses the street she will be something great when she grows up.

Kestlie is a sweetheart. She tries so hard to be good and to make her parents proud. She is very smart and artistic. She is also shy...until she's not. The only future worry I have about Kes is that she might be ocd someday. Not the everything has to be clean kind, the I can't touch certain things kind. She is so excited to be baptised. She wants to be Christlike.

Happy Birthday to my beautiful girlies!

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

you rock as a mom! cant wait to see the new house! so exciting. you deserve the very best. I hope Sophie gets better soon too- CRAZY for such a little girl to go through I think she is so brave. Excited for all your new changes. Love ya!