Saturday, March 20, 2010

Orange Cawliflower?...How cool is that!


Here are some of the items that were in my bountiful basket today. I love how pretty fruits and vegetables are. They seem so fresh and colorful. So lovely. There was bananas, pink lady apples, mangoes, kumquats, strawberries, lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus, and I think the purple one is kale, but I don't know for sure. I also have secretly wanted to be a food photographer, so here is my shot. My camera keeps running out of batteries, so the ones that didn't work were probably better.

4 comments:

Neil and Courtney Anne said...

I think food is pretty, too! One of my favorite things about going to the farmers market in the summer is seeing all the crazy kinds of produce they have--I've seen purple potatoes (which make fun mashed potatoes!) and purple green beans (which cook green, disappointing) and lots of other fun food! Good luck with your food photography!

T. L. H.K. said...

Kale is supposed to be super healthy and I know people use it in their smoothies. I have a smoothie recipe, if you want. I don't know how it is otherwise prepared or eaten. Have you tried it? How does it taste? Nice photo!

Happy-Hardings said...

I used the purple in a stirfry and it tasted really good. It reminded me a little of the flavor of broccoli.

Naomi said...

I think you have a bright future in food photography ahead of you! Your basket looks even tastier than mine.